Friday, March 4, 2022

An Update on the Site

I know its been a long time and I generally don't talk directly about Treon's Realm as a site but I'm planning on taking things in a different direction going forward. In late 2020, I took over as Producer of the Class Vs Crass Gaming Podcast. Sadly the main host, Jay, decided to move on from the Podcast in 2021 due to his busy schedule so we put it on permanent hiatus. In turn, I had to move onto different things. 

My plan has always been to return to Treon's Realm and grow it into something more but it's been difficult to figure out where to go with it. Ultimately, I have always loved gaming and game design so I want to open things up a bit and turn the site into more of a resource hub for retro gaming and designers both new and seasoned. One of the big goals is to focus on lesser known resources that allow for the ability to build complete games for little to no cost whatsoever. This will include game engines, educational creators, resources such as graphics/music and much more. This is partially for myself as finding much of this content has been quite difficult over the years and partially because I want to make things much easier for creators both young and old in hopes of freeing people from the rather dystopian state of the mainstream video game industry. I believe anyone should be allowed to create and enjoy games without gatekeeping from entities such as corporations and overpriced educational institutions. We live in an era where the technology is available to take a game from concept to complete product and fully self published at literally no cost and I want anyone with the drive to take advantage of this.

With that said, welcome to Treon's Realm, the Home of Anything Goes Game Design.


No comments:

Post a Comment