Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Free Software You Can't Live Without Vol. 4 - DVD Shrink 3.2

DVD Shrink 3.2

DVD backup is a questionable activity that balances a fine line of legality but for a father with a young son (15 months) and a DVD collection, this software is great.  You see, kids DVD's are expensive and they rarely get marked down unlike most regular DVD movies.  My kid LOVES his Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubzy but when I purchase him a disc, I don't want to worry if he pops open the DVD player and yanks out the disc to play with it.  He also loves to dig through his collection and open the DVD cases.  This creates a problem when you can't afford to just repurchase these expensive shows over and over.  DVD Shrink solves my problem, allowing me to make a quick backup on my computer and then burn a copy on a dirt cheap blank DVD.  If the kid gets to the disc, no sweat because I've got the original in a safe spot ready to be copied again if the need arises.  This is the purpose of this kind of program and I'm very thankful for its existence.  Combine DVD Shrink with ImgBurn and you've got a quick, easy and powerful solution to backing up your personal library.  Unfortunately, the law has forced this program off the market making it hard to get but if you know how to use Google, you can find it quickly and easily.  Just make sure you are downloading DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 English (2004) which is the latest official version.

No comments:

Post a Comment