Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Listen To Classic Zelda Performed Vocally By One Man!

I love video game music but have been saddened in recent years as developers move towards more cinematic music which tends to be rather ambient ultimately getting lost in the background. While the compositions aren't bad they become very forgettable and, for me at least, I feel like a part of the experience is missing. While I immensely enjoyed recent titles like Skyward Sword and Metroid: Other M (yea, I liked that game so bring it!), the games were missing the musical punch of earlier titles in their respective series. Listening to an iconic theme from a game such as Mario, you can imagine the levels and become immersed in the music itself because it is so strong. Because of this, I am a huge fan of talented artists who take iconic game music and put their own spin on it whether it's a remix or something more obscure like A cappella. I recently stumbled upon the very talented Smooth McGroove on YouTube who performs some amazing all vocal mixes of video game music with a focus on Zelda. My personal love for the Gerudo Valley theme from Ocarina of Time has driven me to post his great rendition of that  excellent tune but I urge you to go to his YouTube channel and listen to all of his work, it's pretty sweet. Enjoy!


Smooth McGroove @ Facebook
Smooth McGroove @ Bandcamp
Smooth McGroove @ Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment